Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Marketing Techniques

Shannon Crilley


      As a freshman in college headed in the direction of a marketing major, there is still a ton of information I do not know about my field and the jobs within this field. What exactly does a marketing major do? What tools should I become firmiliar with during college? What can I expect in the future? And finally, how can I be successful in this field?
      I started to research the jobs that marketing majors do everyday on the job and I came across a list of new techniques that marketing teams are starting to use with the constant new technology coming out. According to Bob Leduc, a marketing strategist working for Business Know- How there are five new techniques he has been using that has been successful for his marketing team.
#1- Keep Adding Something New: Adding new material, information, or knowledge will always create an opportunity to get a new customer or create more sales.
#2- Become A Valuable Resource- By becoming a resource to your customer, co-workers, and even supervisors you can help things within your company get done faster, easier, and cheaper.
#3- Separate Yourself From Your Competition- Find or create a reason for a customer to do service with you rather than someone else. Determine what makes you unique and then focus on that aspect.
#4- Promote The End Result- Promote the end result that the consumer is searching for by buying your product. For example, no one actually wants braces but people do want straight teeth. By promoting that end result, consumers spend thousands to get what they want.
#5- Anticipate Change- Markets are constantly changing and so are consumer's wants and needs. It's crucial to anticipate change and stay ahead of the curve.
      I know that marketing entails much more than just these five steps but I thought this was a good place to start! I am constantly learning new information everyday that excites me to be pursuing a career in the marketing field.

Leduc, Bob. "Five Successful Marketing Techniques." Business Know-How. N.p. Web. 15 Feb. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment