Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Top Marketing Professors in the World

By: Shannon Crilley

      As a college student heading towards a marketing degree, I started to think about all the professors I will have in my four years at MSU that will really teach me the in's and out's of the major and what exactly the job description entails. I came across an online magazine called, Social Media Marketing Magazine, that listed the best marketing professors in the world based on their accomplishments and ratings from previous students.
     The #1 ranked marketing professor currently is Glen Gilmore from Rutgers University. As a strategic consultant in social media, Glen has been ranked as Forbes Top 20 "Social Media Power Influence" the past two years in a row. He is the author of "Social Media Law for Business" and "Strategic Digital Marketing". He has been featured in the Fourtune 500 magazine numerous times due to his accomplishments along with CNN and MSNBC. As I researched more of his work and credibility I found a quote he said when asked what his #1 tip would be to be in order to be successful in the field of marketing. He quoted, "Be committed to excellence. Listen and respond better than anyone else. Aim to earn trust, not "followers"," (Gilmore).
      For me, that quote really stuck out. The purpose of marketing is to make connections with your consumers and that connection is always based on responding to what the consumer wants and needs. That is the most basic form of marketing. The producer needs to provide for the consumer based on what the consumer wants and Glen broke that down to it's most basic form.
      I also found that MSU's very own marketing professor, Constantinos Coursaris, is ranked #33 for the top marketing professors in the world! I hope in the nearby future I will be able to take some of his marketing classes!


Martin, Chuck. "Top Marketing Professors." Social Media Marketing Magazine: Exclusives.                
      www.smmmagazine.com. Accessed 01 March 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment